Browse our fantastic range of punches and hand tools for several applications, from craft projects to home renovations. Choose from our collection including impact punches, taper punches, and centre punches, as well as a variety of punch wad sets and punch pins. We offer high-quality products from huge brands like Milwaukee, DeWalt, Wattmaster, Sidchrome, TTI, Maun, and more!
Items 1-36 of 149
What are punches tools used for?
Punches are hand tools that are used for various purposes, such as driving nails, pins, or other objects, or creating an indentation in a surface. The types of punches and their specific uses include:
- Center punches are used to make a small indentation or dimple in a surface, typically used as a starting point for drilling a hole
- Pin punches are used to drive out and remove pins, such as those found in hinges or other mechanical connections
- Drift punches are used to align or adjust holes in metal, wood, or other materials
- Taper punches are used to make tapered holes, such as for doweling or for making a pilot hole for a larger drill bit
- Impact punches are powered by compressed air or electricity, and used for heavy-duty tasks such as punching holes in metal, plastic, or other hard materials
- Letter and number punches are used to stamp letters and numbers into metal or other materials
- Brick punches are used to make holes in bricks or other masonry materials
- Hollow punches are used to make a hole in materials such as leather, rubber, or plastic.
How to use a punch tool?
The specific method for using a punch tool will vary depending on the type of punch and the task being performed. However, here are some general guidelines for using punch tools:
- Select the appropriate punch for the task. Each type of punch is designed for a specific purpose, so be sure to use the correct one for the job.
- Position the punch. Place the point of the punch against the surface or object where you want to make the hole or indentation.
- Strike the punch. Hold the punch securely and strike the end of the punch with a hammer or mallet. For impact punches, follow the instructions for the specific tool.
- Repeat, as necessary. Depending on the task, you may need to repeat the process to create multiple holes or indentations.
- Clean the punch. After using a punch, clean it with a wire brush or steel wool to remove any debris that may have accumulated on the punch.
- Always wear safety goggles to protect your eyes from flying debris.
- Follow the instructions that came with the tool. Each punch tool is different, so be sure to read the instructions for the specific tool you are using.
It's important to use the right type of punch for the specific task and to read the instructions before using the tool to ensure safe and effective use.
Shop our range of punches and centre punches today!
Whether you're looking for individual hand tools, power tools, or combo kits, we can help you find exactly what you need to get the job done easily and efficiently. Whatever your project, be it plumbing, construction, automotive, or woodworking, there is a range of products available to meet all your requirements.
Grab more deals on our bonus offers and current redemptions online. Avail free shipping for orders 99$ up or use our Click & Collect service to pick them up from one of our 100+ stores Australia-wide!