TEAM TRITON REPAIRED FOR SANDOWN
Elliot Barbour and Mick Seiders will be racing for Team Triton at the Sandown 500 for the 5th Round of the SuperUtes Series.
Elliot Barbour is returning to the #87 Mitsubishi Triton after a highlighted weekend at the Townsville 400 where he finished on the podium in two of three races.
"I am pumped to be back in the Mitsubishi Triton for Sandown, I love the track and feel the form we showed at Townsville will help in getting a strong result for next weekend." - Elliot Barbour
Mick Sieders will return to race the #45 Triton following a replacement of the written-off Total Tools Triton from Queensland Raceway.
Sieders has had the chance to shakedown the new #45 SuperUte and is looking forward to regaining some momentum at the Sandown 500 Round.
"Queensland was a rough ride, I am just so grateful the team have given me the chance shakedown the new car and to bounce back from the Queensland wreck. I’ll be a tad nervous when I hit the track but with each lap there is no doubt the confidence will grow." - Mick Sieders
Craig Dontas has opted to sit out of the upcoming round and focus on mentoring the young drivers in the SuperUtes field.
"Its been a tough slog for the last few weeks, building a new car was definitely unplanned, the team has done an amazing job. I really enjoyed Queensland, helping the drivers and taking more of a commercial role, so I have made the decision to sit out of the Sandown round to do the same." - Craig Dontas
Round 5 of the SuperUte Series is being held at the Sandown 500 from September 14-16, with all races to be televised LIVE on Fox Sports.
SUPERUTE SERIES STANDINGS
- 1 - Craig Woods, Western Sydney Motorsport - 459 points
- 2 - Ryal Harris, EFS 4x4 Racing - 453 points
- 3 - Aaron Cameron, Bushranger Racing - 395 points
- 4 - Thomas Gasperak, AC Delco Racing - 394 points
- 5 - Matthew MacKelden, Kubota Tractors Australia - 388 points
- 8 - Toby Price, Team Triton Racing - 295 points
- 9 - Craig Dontas, Team Triton Racing - 290 points
- 12 - Cameron Crick, Team Triton Racing - 146 points
- 13 - Elliot Barbour, Team Triton Racing - 145 points
- 15 - Mick Sieders, Team Triton Racing - 89 points