Team Triton Prepared For Inaugural Bathurst Round
Craig Dontas and Mick Seiders will be racing the #87 Mitsubishi Motors and #45 Total Tools Tritons at the Bathurst 1000 for the 6th Round of the SuperUtes Series.
Dontas is returning to Team Triton in a driving capacity to fill the #87 Mitsubishi Motors seat after working behind the scenes for the team in a Commerical Role for the last 3 rounds.
Dontas' last round in the SuperUtes was at the Townsville 400 where he claimed Pole Position, a Race Win and finished 3rd Overall, and Dontas is now looking forward to racing the SuperUtes on Australia's most iconic track next week for the first time.
"Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel, taking time away has been so rewarding to get our Mitsubishi SuperUte program really working well. To work with our drivers, to see some success, I haven’t missed driving. I now have some massive shoes to fill with the form of Elliot at the last round, but having a cameo for the Bathurst weekend will be a heap of fun!" - Craig Dontas
Sieders will return to race the #45 Total Tools Triton after finishing an impressive 3rd at the Sandown 500 with a Race 2 Win and P3 finish in Race 3.
Sieders is looking forward to returning to the iconic Mount Panorama track where he has previously raced in the V8 Ute Category and has some experience on the 6.2km track.
"Cant wait to tackle the mountain, I am so pumped from our last round at Sandown, I feel the sky is the limit. Last year was my first attempt at the mountain, so track knowledge will help." - Mick Sieders
Round 6 of the SuperUte Series is being held at the Bathurst 1000 from October 4-7, with all races to be televised LIVE on Fox Sports.
SUPERUTE SERIES STANDINGS
- 1 - Craig Woods, Western Sydney Motorsport - 767 points
- 2 - Ryal Harris, EFS 4x4 Racing - 748 points
- 3 - Aaron Cameron, Bushranger Racing - 663 points
- 4 - Ben Walsh, Car City - 640 points
- 5 - Thomas Gasperak, AC Delco Racing - 520 points
- 10 - Elliot Barbour, Team Triton Racing - 321
- 11 - Toby Price, Team Triton Racing - 295 points
- 12 - Craig Dontas, Team Triton Racing - 290 points
- 13 - Mick Sieders, Team Triton Racing - 238 points
- 14 - Cameron Crick, Team Triton Racing - 146 points